2021 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 1. Abstracting
§1-38. Qualifications for issuance of license - Term of license - License fee.
A. An abstract license shall be issued by the Oklahoma Abstractors Board to an applicant who:
1. Is eighteen (18) years of age or older;
2. Is of good moral character;
3. Has not been convicted of or pleaded guilty or nolo contendere to a felony or crime of moral turpitude or disqualifying offense that substantially relates to the practice of abstracting or poses a reasonable threat to public safety in this state, another state, or a federal court; and
4. Has passed a test for abstractors required by the Board.
B. Each abstract license shall be valid for one (1) year. The Board shall set the fees for an abstract license and for renewal not to exceed One Hundred Fifty Dollars ($150.00).
C. As used in this section:
1. "Poses a reasonable threat" means the nature of criminal conduct for which the person was convicted involved an act or threat of harm against another and has a bearing on the fitness or ability to serve the public or work with others in the occupation; and
2. "Substantially relates" means the nature of criminal conduct for which the person was convicted has a direct bearing on the fitness or ability to perform one or more of the duties or responsibilities necessarily related to the occupation.
Added by Laws 1984, c. 163, § 16, eff. Nov. 1, 1984. Amended by Laws 2006, c. 269, § 9, eff. July 1, 2007; Laws 2007, c. 359, § 18, eff. Jan. 1, 2008. Renumbered from Title 74, § 227.25 by Laws 2007, c. 359, § 22, eff. Jan. 1, 2008; Laws 2021, c. 456, § 2, eff. Nov. 1, 2021.