2020 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 58. Probate Procedure
§58-591. Order of payment of debts.
The debts of the estate must be paid in the following order:
1. Funeral expenses.
2. The expenses of the last sickness.
3. Funds necessary for the support of the family and allowed by the court pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
4. Taxes to the United States or the state, county, or city.
5. Debts having preference under the laws of the United States and of this state.
6. Judgments rendered against the decedent in his lifetime, which are liens upon his property and mortgages in the order of their date.
7. Demands or claims which are presented to the executor or administrator for an allowance or proved within two (2) months after the first publication of notice to creditors.
8. All other demands against the estate except those set forth in paragraph 9 of this section.
9. Interest resulting from the extension of time for payment of federal estate or transfer taxes. Such interest shall be a cost of administration but shall not be deductible in arriving at the Oklahoma net taxable estate under Section 808 (g) of Title 68.
R.L.1910, § 6447; Laws 1953, p. 242, § 50; Laws 1967, c. 136, § 1, emerg. eff. April 27, 1967; Laws 1980, c. 249, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 1980.