2019 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 47. Motor Vehicles
§47-6-121. Extension of driver license during service in Armed Forces or while employed as civilian contractor with Armed Forces.

Universal Citation: 47 OK Stat § 47-6-121 (2019)

Any person or the spouse or dependent of a person:

1. Who is on active duty with the Armed Forces of the United States; or

2. Who is currently employed as a civilian contractor with the Armed Forces of the United States,

living outside of Oklahoma and having a valid driver license issued by the State of Oklahoma for the operation of motor vehicles upon the highways of this state shall not be considered to have an expired driver license for the duration of such service or employment and for a period of sixty (60) days from and after the return of the person or the spouse or dependent of the person to Oklahoma from such service or employment. This law shall not be construed to confer driving privileges in any jurisdiction other than Oklahoma.

Added by Laws 1969, c. 253, § 1, emerg. eff. April 24, 1969. Amended by Laws 1990, c. 219, § 27, eff. Jan. 1, 1991; Laws 1998, c. 84, § 1, eff. Nov. 1, 1998; Laws 2004, c. 418, § 10, eff. July 1, 2004; Laws 2009, c. 81, § 3, eff. Nov. 1, 2009.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.