2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 72. Soldiers and Sailors
§72-23. Copies of records - Court clerks - Judges of the district courts - Registrar of vital statistics.

Universal Citation: 72 OK Stat § 72-23 (2018)

The court clerks and judges of the district courts of the several counties of this state, and the Registrar of the Bureau of Vital Statistics of this state, when requested so to do by any member of the armed forces of the United States, those serving during World War II, or by their dependents or by any person in behalf of such enlisted members or their dependents, or by any honorably discharged person who served in any branch of the military or naval forces of the United States during any war in which the United States participated as a belligerent, or by the dependents of such honorably discharged persons, or by any person in their behalf, or by the Commissioner of Pensions of the United States, or by the Director of the United States Veterans' Bureau, or Regional Manager of any Regional office of the United States Veterans' Bureau, shall furnish, without charge or fee therefor, duly certified copies of any decree of divorce, marriage license, certificate of marriage, birth certificate, certificate of death, order appointing administrator or guardian, letters of administration or guardianship, bond of administrator or guardian, order discharging administrator or guardian, or other judgment, decree or document required by law or by any rule or regulation of the Bureau of Pensions or the United States Veterans' Bureau to be furnished as evidence to establish a claim on behalf of those persons enumerated above, for issuance of a birth certificate, pension, compensation, family allowance, bonus, or other money or moneys claimed to be due and payable by or through said Bureau of Pensions or United States Veterans' Bureau.

Laws 1927, c. 20, p. 20, § 1, emerg. eff. April 6, 1927; Laws 1943, p. 232, § 1, emerg. eff. March 30, 1943.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.