2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 72. Soldiers and Sailors
§72-202. Management and control.
The Oklahoma Veterans Centers shall be under the management and control of the Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs which shall:
1. Make all necessary rules, regulations and procedures for the operation and management of veterans centers operated by the Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs;
2. Ensure compliance with all federal and state statutes and rules which are applicable to the operation of long-term care facilities;
3. Appoint and fix the duties and compensation of veterans center administrators and other necessary employees;
4. Provide necessary clothing, food, and care to all residents, including medications and proper medical care;
5. Provide for the burial of deceased residents who have no surviving relatives or whose relatives do not claim their bodies; and
6. Assure the protection of the rights of all residents, including the right to be free of neglect and abuse.
Added by Laws 1949, p. 620, § 2, emerg. eff. May 31, 1949. Amended by Laws 2013, c. 233, § 4, eff. Nov. 1, 2013.