2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 70. Schools
§70-6-101.2. Consultant services - Contracts with retired administrators - Contract requirements.
A. No local board of education or administration of a school district or State Board of Education shall enter into a contract for consultant services with any person who has retired as an administrator with any school district for two (2) years after the retirement date of such administrator. Nothing in this section shall prohibit a board of education from employing as a substitute teacher, a person who has retired as an administrator or teacher with a school district within two (2) years after the retirement date of the person.
B. In order for a local board of education, administration of a school district or the State Board of Education to enter into a contract with a person for consultant services as authorized by subsection A of this section, the contract shall contain:
1. A specific list of duties to be performed by the person or by any business entity, regardless of form, from which the person who actually performs the services is authorized to derive any economic benefit, whether direct or indirect;
2. A stated purpose for the contract and the specifically identified need for the services to be performed;
3. An estimate of the duration of the contract, including anticipated periods during which the contract may be renewed;
4. A requirement that the person or business entity performing the consultant service provide the office space, supplies, personnel and other items of expense required in order to perform the contract;
5. A requirement that the person or business entity performing the consultant service provide a written description of services performed under the contract no less than one time each quarter of the year during which the contract is in effect; and
6. A specific identification of all persons who are authorized to perform obligations imposed pursuant to the contract upon behalf of the person or business entity providing consultant services.
C. No local board of education, administration of a school district or State Board of Education may enter into a contract with a natural person who will be employed for any period of time during which there is in force and effect a contract for consultant services to be performed by that person or by a business entity, regardless of form, from which the person employed is authorized to derive any economic benefit, whether direct or indirect. Nothing in this section shall prohibit a local board of education of a school district from contracting to pay for the attendance of school district employees at classes or workshops conducted by a company that employs one or more of the school district employees to conduct the classes or workshops.
Added by Laws 1988, c. 128, § 1, emerg. eff. April 12, 1988. Renumbered from § 6-102.7 of this title by Laws 1989, 1st Ex. Sess., c. 2, § 116, operative July 1, 1990. Amended by Laws 1995, c. 295, § 1, eff. July 1, 1995; Laws 2000, c. 40, § 1, eff. July 1, 2000.