2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 70. Schools
§70-5-158. Funds or ledgers.
A school district shall establish funds consistent with legal and operating requirements. Each school district shall maintain according to its own needs some or all of the following funds or ledgers in its system of accounts:
1. A general fund, to account for all monies received and disbursed for general school district purposes, including all assets, liabilities, reserves, fund balances, revenues and expenditures which are not accounted for in any other fund or special ledger account;
2. Special revenue funds, as required, to account for the proceeds of specific revenue sources that are restricted by law to expenditures for specified purposes;
3. Debt service fund, which shall include the school district sinking fund, established to account for the retirement of general obligation bonds, building bonds, transportation bonds or other long term debt and payment of interest thereon and judgments as provided by law. Any monies pledged to service general obligation bonds, building bonds, transportation bonds or other long term debt must be deposited in the debt service fund;
4. Capital improvement fund, to account for financial resources segregated for acquisition, construction or other improvement related to capital facilities other than those financed by general long term debt;
5. Enterprise funds, to account for operations that are financial and operated in a manner similar to private business enterprises where the intent of the governing body is that the costs (expenses, including depreciation), of providing goods or services on a continuing basis be financed or recovered primarily through user charges or where there is a periodic need to determine revenues earned, expenses incurred or net income for a service or program;
6. Trust and agency funds, to account for assets held by the school district as trustee or agent for individuals, private organizations or other governmental units or purposes, such as a retirement fund, employee health insurance fund or a school activity fund;
7. Internal service funds, to account for the financing of goods or services provided by one department or agency of the school district to another department or agency, or to another government, on a cost reimbursement basis;
8. A ledger or group of accounts in which to record the details relating to the general fixed assets of the school district;
9. A ledger or group of accounts in which to record the details relating to the general obligation bonds, building bonds, transportation bonds or other long term debt of the school district; or
10. Such other funds or ledgers as may be established by the board of education.
Added by Laws 1996, c. 178, § 10, eff. July 1, 1996.