2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 70. Schools
§70-3706. Board of Regents for Northern Oklahoma College - Jurisdiction over Northern Oklahoma College - Powers and duties - Institution personnel - Fidelity bonds - Federal funds - Gifts - Contracts - Property - Employee benefits.

Universal Citation: 70 OK Stat § 70-3706 (2018)

The Board of Regents of the Northern Oklahoma College shall have the supervision, management and control of the Northern Oklahoma College; and it shall have the following additional powers and duties:

(a) Adopt such rules and regulations as it deems necessary to govern the Northern Oklahoma College.

(b) Employ and fix the compensation and duties of such personnel as it deems necessary, including architects, attorneys, engineers and other professional and technical persons for its operation and for the operation of Northern Oklahoma College. Any of such personnel having custody of public funds or other public property may be required to furnish corporate surety bonds in such amounts as may be deemed necessary by the Board, payable to the State of Oklahoma and conditioned upon a faithful accounting of all such funds and property.

(c) Enter into contracts, purchase supplies, materials and equipment, and incur such other expenses as may be necessary to make any of its powers effective.

(d) Authorize officials at the Northern Oklahoma College to act in its behalf in the making of contracts, or in carrying out the powers conferred upon it.

(e) Receive and make disposition of monies, grants and property from federal agencies, and administer the same in accordance with Federal requirements.

(f) Accept gifts of real and personal property, money and other things, and use or dispose of the same in accordance with the directions of the donors or grantors thereof.

(g) Direct the disposition of all monies appropriated by the Legislature or by the Congress or derived from the sale of bonds or received from any other source by Northern Oklahoma College.

(h) Acquire and take title to real and personal property in its name, on behalf of the Northern Oklahoma College, and convey, exchange or dispose of, or otherwise manage or control, such property in the interest of such institution, including the granting of leases, permits, easements and licenses over or upon any such real property. The Board shall have the power to institute any legal action in the name of the Board before any court having jurisdiction of such actions. The Board shall have custody of abstracts of title and instruments affecting the ownership of or title to real property belonging to the Northern Oklahoma College.

(i) Have supervision and charge of the construction of all buildings at Northern Oklahoma College.

(j) Determine the need for and cause to be constructed dormitories and other buildings, on a self-liquidating basis, at the Northern Oklahoma College.

(k) Establish and maintain plans for tenure and retirement of employees at the Northern Oklahoma College, and for payment of deferred compensation of such employees; and provide hospital and medical benefits, accident, health and life insurance, and annuity contracts, for such employees and their dependents. The Board may pay for all or a part of the cost thereof for employees with funds available for the operation of the institution. Amounts payable by an employee for such insurance or annuity contracts may, with the consent of the employee be deducted from his salary.

(l) Maintain an inventory of all property belonging to the Northern Oklahoma College.

(m) Audit all accounts against the funds allocated to Northern Oklahoma College.

(n) Provide penalties and forfeitures by way of damages and otherwise for the violation of rules and regulations of the Board, which may be sued for and collected in the name of the Board before any court having jurisdiction of such actions.

(o) Do all things necessary or convenient to carry out the powers expressly granted to it, or to make the Northern Oklahoma College effective for the purposes for which it is maintained or operated.

Laws 1965, c. 396, § 706.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.