2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 70. Schools
§70-3246. Teacher education programs - Statewide professional educators' association - Equal access to students.
It is the intent of the Legislature that the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education adopt a policy for each institution within The Oklahoma State System of Higher Education which has a teacher education program that will require equal access for statewide professional educators’ associations to students enrolled in the program. The policy shall prohibit teacher education programs and the faculty and employees of the program from denying a statewide professional educators’ association equal access to students enrolled in the program to the same extent that access is granted to other educators’ associations. The policy shall define access to include:
1. Setting up informational tables at the institution or student meetings;
2. Speaking at student meetings;
3. Distributing information in mail boxes or through the e-mail system of the institution;
4. Utilizing institution meeting rooms during nonworking hours;
5. Posting information on bulletin boards; and
6. Utilizing printing services for the institution.
Added by Laws 2011, c. 283, § 1, eff. Nov. 1, 2011.