2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 70. Schools
§70-3-162. Enrollment - Collection of information regarding participation in certain programs.
A. Beginning with the 2007-2008 school year, upon initial enrollment in a public school district, the school shall request the parent or guardian of a student to provide information to the school district regarding participation in the following:
1. A childcare program that is licensed pursuant to the tiered licensing system established by the Department of Human Services;
2. The SoonerStart program operated by the State Department of Education;
3. The program of parent education operated by the State Department of Education pursuant to Section 10-105.3 of this title;
4. The Children First program operated by the State Department of Health;
5. Any child abuse prevention program operated by the State Department of Health;
6. Any federally funded Head Start program; and
7. Any other early childhood program funded by state or federal monies as determined by the State Board of Education.
B. The State Department of Education shall verify the accuracy of the information provided by the parents or guardians pursuant to subsection A of this section with the appropriate agency. Each agency shall cooperate and provide verifying data to the Department.
C. The State Department of Education shall develop state data elements and codes for each program identified pursuant to subsection A of this section for use in the statewide student record system program, which shall be used to provide effective reporting and research on the identified programs. The codes shall be entered into the statewide student record system program upon initial enrollment of a student.
D. The State Board of Education shall adopt rules to implement the provisions of this section.
Added by Laws 2005, c. 420, § 1, eff. July 1, 2005. Amended by Laws 2015, c. 217, § 1, eff. Nov. 1, 2015.
NOTE: Editorially renumbered from § 3-161 to avoid a duplication in numbering.