2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 70. Schools
§70-3-122. Funding for education of children with visual impairments.
A. A portion of the funds appropriated to the State Board of Education for Administrative and Support Functions of the State Department of Education shall be expended for the development and operation of a statewide network of services for the education of children with visual impairments. The network shall consist of itinerant services provided by qualified regional program specialists and certified orientation and mobility specialists.
B. The network of services to be provided shall include:
1. Assessment of visual function;
2. Consultation regarding assessment of academic performance;
3. Consultation regarding assessment of ophthalmological performance;
4. Consultation regarding assessment of psychological performance;
5. Consultation regarding assessment of vocational performance;
6. Assistance in the development of individualized education plans for children with visual impairments; and
7. Provisions of or consultation regarding the acquisition of special equipment for children with visual impairment.
Added by Laws 1995, c. 305, § 7, eff. July 1, 1995.