2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 70. Schools
§70-3-107.1. State Superintendent of Public Instruction – Powers and duties.
The State Superintendent of Public Instruction shall have the control of and direct the State Department of Education. In addition to any other powers and duties as set forth by the Oklahoma Constitution or by law, the State Superintendent shall:
1. Give advice and make recommendations to the State Board of Education on all matters pertaining to the policies and administration of the public school system;
2. Adopt policies and make rules for the organization, operation and administration of the State Department of Education;
3. Organize and have control of the administration of the State Department of Education and any other supervisory agencies, divisions, personnel and their appointment and salaries and other operations necessary to carry out the powers, duties and functions of the State Superintendent and the State Board of Education;
4. Have authority to require the coordination of all divisions of the State Department of Education and have general supervision of all employees of the Department;
5. Present all recommendations of the Department to the State Board and require employees of the Department to present specific matters directly to the State Board; and
6. Be responsible for interpretation of policy and rules set by the State Board.
Added by Laws 2011, c. 31, § 7.