2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 70. Schools
§70-23-104. The meaning of words and terms.
As used in this article, unless the context indicates otherwise:
1. "State Department of Education" means that department of the state government in which are placed the agencies created or authorized by the Constitution and Legislature charged with the responsibility of determining the policies and directing the administration and supervision of the common school system of the state. These agencies are the State Board of Education, the State Superintendent of Public Instruction, and such divisions and positions as may be established by law or by the State Board of Education.
2. "State Board of Education" means that agency in the State Department of Education which is the governing board of said Department and of the common school system of the state.
3. "State Superintendent of Public Instruction" means the elected offical provided for in Article VI, Section 1 of the Constitution of Oklahoma, who is the executive officer of the State Board of Education.
4. "Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education" means that body created by Article XIII-A of the Constitution of Oklahoma to coordinate the affairs of all institutions of higher learning supported by taxation in the State of Oklahoma.
5. "Common schools of Oklahoma" means all private schools and all schools supported by public taxation, and including elementary and secondary schools, the first two (2) years of junior college, night school, adult and other special classes, and vocational instruction.
6. "Institutions of higher learning" means all private institutions and all the state universities and colleges which are supported by public taxation or otherwise authorized by laws in effect or enacted hereinafter.
7. "Authority" means the Oklahoma Educational Television Authority created by Section 23-105 of this article, or, if said Authority shall be abolished, the board, body, or commission succeeding to the principal functions of said Authority, or to whom the power is given by law.
8. "Facilities" means channels, all equipment, and properties, including the construction and operation thereof at any given point together with all rights, easements, leases, and interests which may be acquired by the Authority for such construction and operation which may be deemed necessary for the accomplishment of the purposes set forth in Section 23-101 of this article.
9. "Cost" as applied to the facilities means the cost of construction including the acquisition of all land, rights-of-way, property, rights, easements, and interest acquired by the Authority for such construction; all machinery and equipment, financing charges, interest prior to and during construction; engineering and legal expenses, plans, specifications, surveys, estimates of cost and of revenues, other expenses necessary or incident to determining the feasibility or practicability of constructing any such facilities; administrative expense, and such other expense as may be necessary or incident to the construction of the facilities; and the financing of such construction and the placing of the facilities in operation.
10. "Owner" means all individuals, copartnerships, associations, or corporations having any title or interest in any property, rights, easements, and interest authorized to be acquired by this article.
11. "Oklahoma Educational Television Network" means the educational television channels allocated to the state by the Federal Communications Commission and maintained and operated by the Oklahoma Educational Television Authority.
12. "Executive Director" means the Executive Director of the Oklahoma Educational Television Authority, authorized by the provisions of Section 3 of this act.
Amended by Laws 1983, c. 172, § 1, operative July 1, 1983.