2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 70. Schools
§70-14-128. Oklahoma Youth Apprenticeship Committee - Members - Quorum.
A. There is hereby created the Oklahoma Youth Apprenticeship Committee. The committee shall be appointed by the State Board of Career and Technology Education within thirty (30) days of the effective date of this act and shall consist of thirteen (13) members as follows:
1. The Director of the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education or designee who shall also serve as committee chair;
2. The State Superintendent of Public Instruction or designee;
3. The Chancellor of Higher Education or designee;
4. One superintendent of a technology center school district;
5. One superintendent of an independent school district;
6. One president of a state community or junior college;
7. Two members who represent the interests of labor, including one who represents the Bureau of Apprenticeship Training of the United States Department of Labor;
8. Four members who are currently employed in business or industry; and
9. One member who represents a city chamber of commerce.
B. Seven members of the committee shall constitute a quorum. A quorum must be present to transact any business of the committee. The committee is advisory in nature and shall meet as necessary to provide recommendations to the State Board of Career and Technology Education related to the administration of and standards for youth apprenticeship programs. The members of the committee shall be reimbursed for travel expenses incurred in performing official duties in accordance with the provisions of the State Travel Reimbursement Act, Section 500.1 et seq. of Title 74 of the Oklahoma Statutes.
Added by Laws 1993, c. 144, § 3, eff. April 1, 1993. Amended by Laws 2001, c. 33, § 109, eff. July 1, 2001.