2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 70. Schools
§70-13-133. Placement in courses at receiving school.
A. To facilitate the education of a student who has been placed in state care, a receiving school district shall initially honor placement of the student in educational courses based on the student's enrollment in the sending school district and/or educational assessments conducted at the sending school district. A receiving school district shall be authorized to perform its own placement evaluation to ensure appropriate placement of the student.
B. In placing the student, the receiving school district shall take into consideration the student's eligibility for:
1. Gifted and talented programs, including but not limited to Advanced Placement courses and International Baccalaureate courses;
2. An English language learner program;
3. Courses or a sequence of courses offered by a technology center school; and
4. Extracurricular activities.
C. 1. If an individualized education program (IEP) was in place for the student at the sending school district, the receiving school district shall initially provide comparable services, in accordance with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). The receiving school district shall conduct an evaluation of the student to determine eligibility for special education and related services, pursuant to Section 13-102 of Title 70 of the Oklahoma Statutes.
2. The receiving school district shall comply with the requirements of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, 29 U.S.C.A., Section 794, and with Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, 42 U.S.C.A., Sections 12131 through 12165.
Added by Laws 2017, c. 187, § 4, eff. Nov. 1, 2017.