2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 70. Schools
§70-1210.576. Designation of successor board of education - Members - Terms.
A. The board of education for a school district in which a developmental research school has been established pursuant to this act is hereby designated and shall consist of five (5) members as follows:
1. The president of the affiliated institution of higher education or designee;
2. The dean of the affiliated college of education or designee;
3. One faculty member from the affiliated higher education institution who is a parent of a student who attends the developmental research school and who is a resident of the community in which the school is located, to be appointed by the president of the affiliated higher education institution;
4. The regional accreditation officer for the State Board of Education for the region in which the developmental research school is located; and
5. One member appointed by the State Board of Education who is a parent or legal guardian of a student who attends the developmental research school.
B. The terms of the members of the board, except the president of the higher education institution, dean of the college of education of the higher education institution, and the regional accreditation officer, shall be staggered with the initial term of the faculty member appointed by the president of the higher education institution being five (5) years and the initial term of the member appointed by the State Board of Education being four (4) years. Upon expiration of the initial terms, the term of each appointed member shall be five (5) years. Vacancies shall be filled by the appointing authority.
C. The president of the affiliated higher education institution or the president's designee shall serve as president of the board. The board shall elect a vice-president.
Added by Laws 1993, c. 257, § 6, emerg. eff. May 26, 1993.