2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 70. Schools
§70-1210.508D. Funding.

A. Contingent on the provision of appropriated funds designated for the Reading Sufficiency Act, school districts may be allocated monies for each enrolled kindergarten student or first-, second- and third-grade student of the current school year, including any student who has been retained in the third grade pursuant to Section 1210.508C of this title, who is found to be in need of remediation or intervention in reading. The allocation shall be distributed to each school district upon approval of the reading sufficiency plan for the school district by the State Department of Education and the submittal of a child-count report to the Department that details the number of students identified as needing remediation or intervention in reading. To determine a per-student allocation amount, the total amount of funds available for allocation each year shall be divided by the total number of students in the state identified as in need of remediation or intervention in reading as provided for in Section 1210.508C of this title. Each school district shall be allocated an amount equal to the per-student allocation amount multiplied by the number of identified students enrolled in the school district.

B. The State Board of Education shall promulgate rules for the administration of reimbursements.

C. If a teacher attends and completes a professional development institute in elementary reading approved by the Oklahoma Commission for Teacher Preparation during the summer or when school is not in session, the teacher may receive a stipend equal to the amount of the cost for a substitute teacher, based on the amount of funds allocated.

Added by Laws 1998, c. 332, § 2, eff. July 1, 1998. Amended by Laws 1999, c. 304, § 1, eff. July 1, 1999; Laws 2000, c. 289, § 4, eff. July 1, 2000; Laws 2005, c. 242, § 21, eff. July 1, 2005; Laws 2008, c. 387, § 1, eff. July 1, 2008; Laws 2011, c. 171, § 2; Laws 2012, c. 171, § 2, eff. July 1, 2012.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.