2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 70. Schools
§70-1210.405. Unused capacity.

A. The Board of Trustees of the Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics, upon a finding of unused capacity within the Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics (OSSM), shall have the authority to:

1. Establish a policy providing for the acceptance of students residing outside of Oklahoma and outside the United States for enrollment in courses offered by OSSM in an amount not to exceed ten percent (10%) of the total enrollment of OSSM. The policy shall include but not be limited to:

a.a method of calculating rates for nonresident tuition and room and board which must meet or exceed the cost of attendance, subject to limits prescribed by the Legislature, and

b.a provision that residents of Oklahoma seeking acceptance to OSSM be given priority for enrollment over students who are not residents of the state, if all other qualifications are equal;

2. Offer for rent dormitories, classrooms, laboratories or other OSSM facilities located in Oklahoma City; and

3. Establish educational programs and professional development workshops to be offered during summer periods for which tuition and fee rates may be established.

B. By January 1 of each year, the Board shall submit a report to the Governor, the President Pro Tempore and the Minority Leader of the Senate, the Speaker and the Minority Leader of the House of Representatives, the chair of the Senate Education Committee and the chair of the House Common Education Committee that includes the nonresident tuition and room and board rates approved by the Board for the current academic year. The annual report shall include data on the impact of any tuition increases on the ability of students to meet the costs of attendance, enrollment patterns and any other data considered relevant by the Board.

C. The Board shall promulgate rules to implement the provisions of this section.

Added by Laws 2013, c. 411, § 1.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.