2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 70. Schools
As used in the Regional Education Service Center Act, except as the context may otherwise require:
1. "Regional education service centers" means educational, administrative, service and evaluation centers, hereinafter referred to as "centers" or "service centers";
2. "Department" means the State Department of Education;
3. "Board" means the Oklahoma State Board of Education;
4. "IDEA" means the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), P.L. No. 101-476;
5. "Educational screening" means the implementation of accepted procedures for identification of children who may have special learning needs and may be eligible for special education and related services in accordance with the IDEA;
6. "Evaluation" means procedures used in accordance with federal laws and regulations to determine whether a child has a disability and the nature and extent of the special education and related services that the child needs. The term means procedures used selectively with an individual child and does not include basic tests administered to or procedures used with all children in a school, grade, or class. Provided, however, that no child shall be initially evaluated whose parent or legal guardian has not filed a written consent for such evaluation with the local board of education; and
7. "Readiness screening" means the implementation of procedures for assessing readiness for first grade as provided in Section 1210.282 of this title.
Added by Laws 1974, c. 271, § 4, emerg. eff. May 29, 1974. Amended by Laws 1976, c. 147, § 2, emerg. eff. May 26, 1976; Laws 1993, c. 116, § 22, eff. July 1, 1993; Laws 1994, c. 220, § 4, eff. July 1, 1994.