2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 70. Schools
§70-11-108.3. Program development - Assistance from State Board of Education.
The State Board of Education may assist school districts with the development of youth community service programs by:
1. Establishing and maintaining a list of acceptable projects with a description of each project, and providing for projects to be placed on the list upon proper application by the local district and evaluation by the State Department of Education;
2. Verifying that community sponsors have filed assurances with the Department of Education that youth community services students are not displacing employees or reducing the hours for which any employee is paid;
3. Assisting school districts in publicizing the youth community service program and in determining whether there is sufficient interest in the district to warrant a youth community service program;
4. Monitoring districts to assure that youth community service programs are established in districts where interest warrants;
5. Evaluating local youth community service programs;
6. Developing in-service training components to be used by local districts for preparation of youth community service program faculty sponsors;
7. Assisting local districts in applying for grants from private or governmental sources for youth community service programs; and
8. For the purpose of implementing this act the State Board of Education shall utilize only grants from private and governmental sources.
Added by Laws 1992, c. 186, § 4, eff. July 1, 1992.