2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 70. Schools
§70-11-103.6d. Certificates of distinction.

A. District boards of education may develop and issue a certificate of distinction that is to be awarded to students, beginning with students in the 2000-2001 high school graduating class who have met or exceeded the following criteria by the end of their senior year in high school with at least a 3.25 grade point average on a 4.0 scale:

1. Earned four units each in English, mathematics, social studies, and science;

2. Earned two additional units in the area of technology, the humanities, or the arts;

3. Earned two units in a foreign language; and

4. Achieved a proficient or advanced score on all end-of-instruction tests as required pursuant to Section 1210.508 of this title, as those tests are implemented.

B. For purposes of this section, applicable vocational-technical classes offered by comprehensive high school vocational-technical programs shall qualify for technology, science, and mathematics units. Students enrolled in the programs may use one unit of their six concentrated vocational-technical curriculum units for one unit of mathematics required by this section and one unit of their six concentrated vocational-technical curriculum units for one unit of science required by this section. Advanced placement classes in the subject areas listed in paragraphs 1, 2, and 3 of subsection A of this section may be substituted on a course-by-course basis to satisfy the academic units required for a certificate of distinction.

C. For purposes of this section, “unit” means a Carnegie Unit as defined by the North Central Association’s Commission on Schools.

Added by Laws 2000, c. 232, § 2, eff. July 1, 2000. Amended by Laws 2009, c. 456, § 7, eff. July 1, 2009.

NOTE: Editorially renumbered from § 11-103.6c of this title to avoid duplication in numbering.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.