2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 60. Property
§60-524. Liens for unpaid share of common expenses - Priorities - Enforcement.
(a) All sums assessed by the council of unit owners for the share of the common expenses chargeable to any unit which sums remain unpaid shall constitute a lien on such unit prior to all other liens except the following:
1. Assessments, liens, and charges for taxes past due and unpaid on the unit,
2. Judgments entered in a court of record prior to the date of common expense assessment,
3. Mortgage instruments of encumbrance duly recorded prior to the date of such assessment,
4. Mechanic's and materialmen's liens arising from labor performed or materials furnished upon a unit prior to the date of such assessment, and
5. Mechanic's and materialmen's liens for labor performed or material furnished upon the common elements to the extent (sic) of the proportionate part chargeable to the unit owners which constitute a part of an assessable charge for common expenses satisfaction of which shall discharge the assessment to the extent of the payment made.
(b) The assessment lien may be foreclosed by suit instituted by the council of unit owners or a duly authorized agent thereof in like manner as an action for foreclosure of a mortgage upon real property. In any such foreclosure proceedings, the unit owner shall be required to pay a reasonable rental for the use of his unit, if so provided in the bylaws and the plaintiff in such foreclosure shall be entitled to the appointment of a receiver to collect the same. The council of unit owners, or their authorized agent, shall have power, unless prohibited by the declaration, to bid in at the foreclosure sale and to acquire and hold, lease, mortgage and convey the unit ownership estate acquired at the foreclosure sale. Suit to recover money judgment for unpaid common expenses shall be maintainable without foreclosing or waiving the lien securing the same.
(c) Upon sale or conveyance of a unit encumbered by an assessment lien, such lien shall be paid first, out of the sale proceeds or by the grantee, subject only as aforesaid.
(d) Where the holder of a first mortgage of record or other purchaser obtains title to the unit ownership estate as a result of foreclosure of the first mortgage, such acquirer of title shall not be liable for the share of the common expenses or assessments by the council of unit owners chargeable to such unit which became due prior to acquisition of title to such unit by such acquirer. Such unpaid share of common expenses or assessments shall be deemed to be common expenses collectible from all the unit owners, including such acquirer.
Laws 1963, c. 288, § 24.