2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 30. Guardian and Ward
§30-4-802. Suspension of power of guardian - Marriage of incapacitated or partially incapacitated person.
A. The power of a guardian is suspended only:
1. By order of the court;
2. If the appointment was made solely because of the ward's minority, by his obtaining majority; or
3. The guardianship over the person only of a minor ward, by the marriage of the ward.
B. Whenever a person who has been found by the court to be an incapacitated or partially incapacitated person marries, the court may, upon application of an interested person, hold a review hearing to determine whether:
1. The guardianship should be terminated;
2. A successor guardian should be appointed;
3. The limitations on the ward, or the powers and duties of the guardian; or
4. The guardianship should be continued unchanged.
R.L. 1910, § 3339. Amended by Laws 1988, c. 329, § 119, eff. Dec. 1, 1988. Renumbered from § 20 of this title by Laws 1988, c. 329, § 134, eff. Dec. 1, 1988. Amended by Laws 1990, c. 323, § 75, operative July 1, 1990.