2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 30. Guardian and Ward
§30-4-763. Sale bond by guardian.

Universal Citation: 30 OK Stat § 30-4-763 (2018)

Every guardian authorized to sell real estate shall, before the sale, give bond to the State of Oklahoma, with sufficient surety to be approved by the court, with condition to sell the same in the manner and to account for the proceeds of the sale as provided for by the Oklahoma Guardianship and Conservatorship Act. The court may order that such bond is not required if the court specifically finds that the general bond, if any, of the guardian is of a sufficient penal amount to provide for the proceeds of the sale in addition to the property secured by said bond or upon a finding by the court that:

1. The anticipated annual income to a ward for one (1) year plus the value of the personal property of the ward, after sale, is less than Forty Thousand Dollars ($40,000.00); and

2. The guardian of the ward is either a parent, spouse, brother, sister, grandparent, child or grandchild of the ward.

R.L. 1910, § 6564. Amended by Laws 1953, p. 247, § 77; Laws 1963, c. 147, § 1; Laws 1987, c. 164, § 7, operative July 1, 1987; Laws 1988, c. 329, § 110, eff. Dec. 1, 1988. Renumbered from Title 58, § 832 by Laws 1988, c. 329, § 134, eff. Dec. 1, 1988. Amended by Laws 1989, c. 270, § 3, eff. Nov. 1, 1989; Laws 1990, c. 323, § 70, operative July 1, 1990; Laws 1994, c. 234, § 7, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.