2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 30. Guardian and Ward
§30-3-116. Proceedings to determine restoration to capacity.

Universal Citation: 30 OK Stat § 30-3-116 (2018)

A. Any person who has been judicially determined to be an incapacitated or partially incapacitated person, the guardian or limited guardian, any relative of the ward or any friend of the ward may apply by petition to the district court of the county in which such person was declared incapacitated or partially incapacitated, to have the fact of the ward's restoration to capacity judicially determined. The petition shall be verified, and shall state that such person is no longer incapacitated or partially incapacitated.

B. Upon receiving the petition, the court shall appoint a day for the hearing. Such hearing shall be set within thirty (30) days after the date of the filing of the petition. The court shall cause notice to be served as provided by Section 3-110 of this title and to the attorney of the subject of the proceeding, if any, and if known to the petitioner. At the hearing, the guardian or relative of the petitioner, and in the discretion of the court, any other person, may contest the right of the petitioner to the relief demanded. Witnesses may be required to appear and testify, as in all other civil matters, and may be called and examined by the judge on his own motion. If it is found that the petitioner is no longer incapacitated or partially incapacitated and capable of taking care of himself or his property, or both, his restoration to capacity shall be adjudged, and the guardianship of such person shall cease.

R.L. 1910, § 6541. Amended by Laws 1955, p. 303, § 4; Laws 1988, c. 329, § 53, eff. Dec. 1, 1988. Renumbered from Title 58, § 854 by Laws 1988, c. 329, § 134, eff. Dec. 1, 1988. Amended by Laws 1989, c. 270, § 2, eff. Nov. 1, 1989; Laws 1990, c. 323, § 38, operative July 1, 1990.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.