2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 30. Guardian and Ward
§30-3-114. Assignment of powers to limited guardian - Endorsement of limitation or specification of assets upon letters of guardianship.
A. The court may assign to a limited guardian of the person any portion of the powers and duties of a general guardian of the person except the power to take custody of the person of the ward. The court may also assign to the limited guardian the duty to assist the ward in those particular areas in which the capacity of the ward is impaired including, but not limited to, the duty to assist the ward in:
1. Meeting the requirements for his health or safety;
2. Protecting his rights;
3. Obtaining necessary services;
4. Fulfilling his civic duties; and
5. Any other areas as determined necessary by the court and which are not specifically prohibited by Section 56 of this act.
B. An order specifying that only part of the property or estate of a ward is under the control or management of the guardian creates a limited guardianship of the property.
1. The court may assign to a limited guardian of property any of the duties and powers of a general guardian of the property regarding the management of financial resources which the partially incapacitated person lacks the capacity to perform; or
2. The court may assign to a limited guardian of property the duty of assisting the ward to perform any of such functions with regard to any financial resource of the ward.
C. If the court limits any power conferred on the guardian of property or specifies that management of some but not all assets of the ward be placed under the control of a guardian of the property, the limitation or specification of assets subject to the guardianship must be endorsed upon the letters of guardianship.
Added by Laws 1988, c. 329, § 51, eff. Dec. 1, 1988.