2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 14A. Consumer Credit Code
§14A-3-704. Restrictions on private educational lenders.
(1) A private educational lender may not use the name, emblem, mascot, or logo of the covered educational institution, or other words, pictures, or symbols readily identified with the covered educational institution, in the marketing of private education loans in any way that implies that the covered educational institution endorses the private education loans offered by the private educational lender.
(2) Any person who is employed in the financial aid office of a covered educational institution, or who otherwise has responsibilities with respect to private education loans or other financial aid of the institution, and who serves on an advisory board, commission, or group established by a private educational lender or group of such lenders shall be prohibited from receiving anything of value from the private educational lender or group of lenders. Nothing in this subsection prohibits the reimbursement of reasonable expenses incurred by an employee of a covered educational institution as part of their service on an advisory board, commission, or group described in this subsection.
(3) It shall be unlawful for any private educational lender to impose a fee or penalty on a borrower for early repayment or prepayment of any private education loan.
(4) An institution of higher education shall publicly disclose any contract or other agreement made with a card issuer or creditor for the purpose of marketing a credit card.
(5) No card issuer or creditor may offer to a student at an institution of higher education any tangible item to induce such student to apply for or participate in an open-end consumer credit plan offered by such card issuer or creditor, if such offer is made:
(a)on the campus of an institution of higher education;
(b)near the campus of an institution of higher education, as determined by rule of the Administrator; or
(c)at an event sponsored by or related to an institution of higher education.
Added by Laws 2013, c. 99, § 10, eff. July 1, 2013.