2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 14A. Consumer Credit Code
§14A-2-301. Applicability - Information required.
(1) For purposes of this part, this part covers and consumer credit sale includes the sale of an interest in land without regard to the rate of the credit service charge if the sale is otherwise a consumer credit sale as defined by Section 2-104 of this title; a sale of personal property in which a security interest is or will be acquired which is used or expected to be used as the principal dwelling of the consumer without regard to the amount of the amount financed if the sale is otherwise a consumer credit sale; and credit transactions in which any card issuer extends credit that is not subject to a finance charge and that is not payable by written agreement in four or more installments.
(2) The seller or lessor shall disclose to the buyer to whom credit is extended or lessee with respect to a consumer credit sale or consumer lease the information required by either this part or the Federal Consumer Credit Protection Act, and compliance with either is sufficient.
(3) For the purposes of subsection (2), information which would otherwise be required pursuant to the Federal Consumer Credit Protection Act is sufficient even though the transaction is one of a class of credit transactions exempted from that act pursuant to regulation of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
(4) A person who regularly arranges for the extension of consumer sales credit which is payable in four or more installments or for which the payment of a finance charge is or may be required from persons who are not subject to disclosure duties shall make the disclosures required of a seller under this part.
(5) In the case of an application to open an account under any revolving charge account plan described in Section 2-310.2 of this title which is provided to a consumer by any person other than the creditor:
(a)such person shall provide such consumer with:
(i)the disclosures required under subsection (1) of Section 2-310.2 of this title with respect to such plan, in accordance with subsection (9) of Section 2-302 of this title; and
(ii)the pamphlet required under subsection (3) of Section 2-310.2 of this title; or
(b)if such person cannot provide specific terms about the plan because specific information about the plan terms is not available, no nonrefundable fee may be imposed in connection with such application before the end of the three-day period beginning on the date the consumer receives the disclosures required under subsection (1) of Section 2-310.2 with respect to the application.
(6) For purposes of this part, the terms "creditor", "card issuer", "applicant", "cardholder", "dwelling" and "consumer" have the same meanings those terms have in the Federal Consumer Credit Protection Act, as limited by the subject matter of this article. References in this part to "interest" are not limited to the definition of that term in Section 264A of Title 15 of the Oklahoma Statutes but are to be construed in context consistently with the meaning of that term in regulations under the Federal Consumer Credit Protection Act.
(7) The fact a charge or fee or a credit plan or a practice is mentioned in this part does not itself serve to authorize it, to remove any limitation in this title applicable to it, or to extend the applicability of this article to it if this article would not otherwise apply.
Added by Laws 1969, c. 352, § 2-301, eff. July 1, 1969. Amended by Laws 1970, c. 282, § 3; Laws 1982, c. 335, § 13, operative Oct. 1, 1982; Laws 1990, c. 260, § 13, operative July 1, 1990.