2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 14A. Consumer Credit Code
§14A-2-105. Definitions: "Goods"; "Merchandise certificate"; "Services"; "Sale of goods"; "Sale of services"; "Sale of an interest in land"; "Precomputed".
(1) "Goods" includes goods not in existence at the time the transaction is entered into and merchandise certificates, but excludes money, chattel paper, documents of title, and instruments.
(2) "Merchandise certificate" means a writing issued by a seller not redeemable in cash and usable in its face amount in lieu of cash in exchange for goods or services.
(3) "Services" includes
(a)work, labor, and other personal services:
(b)privileges with respect to transportation, hotel and restaurant accommodations, education, entertainment, recreation, physical culture, hospital accommodations, funerals, cemetery accommodations, and the like; and
(c)insurance provided by a person other than the insurer.
(4) "Sale of goods" includes any agreement in the form of a bailment or lease of goods if the bailee or lessee agrees to pay as compensation for use a sum substantially equivalent to or in excess of the aggregate value of the goods involved and it is agreed that the bailee or lessee will become, or for no other or a nominal consideration has the option to become, the owner of the goods upon full compliance with his obligations under the agreement.
(5) "Sale of services" means furnishing or agreeing to furnish services and includes making arrangements to have services furnished by another.
(6) "Sale of an interest in land" includes a lease in which the lessee has an option to purchase the interest and all or a substantial part of the rental or other payments previously made by him are applied to the purchase price.
(7) A sale, refinancing, or consolidation is "precomputed" if the debt is expressed as a sum comprising the amount financed and the amount of the credit service charge computed in advance.
Added by Laws 1969, c. 352, § 2-105, eff. July 1, 1969.