2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 14A. Consumer Credit Code
This act does not apply to
(1) Extensions of credit to government or governmental agencies or instrumentalities;
(2) The sale of insurance by an insurer, except as otherwise provided in the article on insurance (Article 4);
(3) Transactions under public utility or common carrier tariffs if a subdivision or agency of this state or of the United States regulates the charges for the services involved, the charges for delayed payment and any discount allowed for early payment;
(4) Pawnbrokers engaging in pawn transactions as defined in the Oklahoma Pawnshop Act; or
(5) Loans made to enable the debtor to build or purchase a residence or to refinance such loan when made by a lender whose loans are supervised by an agency of the United States or made by a Federal Housing Administration approved mortgagee unless the loan is made subject to this act by agreement (Section 3-601), and except as provided with respect to disclosure (Section 3-301), debtors' remedies (Section 5-201) and loan finance charges for other loans (Section 3-605).
Added by Laws 1969, c. 352, § 1-202, eff. July 1, 1969. Amended by Laws 1972, c. 255, § 13; Laws 1980, c. 122, § 1, emerg. eff. April 15, 1980; Laws 1982, c. 335, § 2, operative June 1, 1982.