2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 1. Abstracting
§1-23. Oklahoma Abstractors Board meetings - Officers, duties and powers.
A. The Oklahoma Abstractors Board shall meet at least quarterly each calendar year, and may meet more often as determined by the Board.
B. The Board shall elect from its membership a chair, a vice-chair and a secretary. The officers of the Board shall be elected each July, and shall hold office for a term of one (1) year.
1. The chair shall preside at all meetings of the Board, call special meetings of the Board as are necessary, sign all certificates of authority, licenses and permits and perform such other duties as the Board shall direct. A special meeting shall be called by the chair upon written request of three or more board members.
2. The vice-chair shall exercise the powers of and perform the duties of the chair in the absence or disability of the chair, and perform such other duties as the Board shall direct.
3. The secretary shall keep a complete and permanent record of all proceedings of the Board and shall preside at any meeting in the absence of the chair and vice-chair, validate minutes of all of the meetings of the Board, in the manner prescribed in the rules of the Board and supervise the maintenance of the records of the Board. The secretary shall perform such other duties as the Board shall direct.
4. At any regular or special meeting at which none of the officers are in attendance, the members of the Board in attendance shall elect a member to preside at that meeting.
5. Five Board members shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
Added by Laws 2007, c. 359, § 4, eff. July 1, 2007.