2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 1. Abstracting
As used in the Oklahoma Abstractors Act:
1. "Abstract of title" is a compilation in orderly arrangement of the materials and facts of record, in the office of the county clerk and court clerk, affecting the title to a specific tract of land issued pursuant to a certificate certifying to the matters therein contained;
2. "Abstract plant" shall consist of a set of records in which an entry has been made of all documents or matters which legally impart constructive notice of matters affecting title to real property, any interest therein or encumbrances thereon, which are filed, recorded and currently available for reproduction in the offices of the county clerk and the court clerk in the county for which such abstract plant is maintained. Such records shall consist of:
a.an index in which notations of or references to any documents that describe the property affected are included, according to the property described or in which copies or briefs of all such documents that describe the property affected are sorted and filed according to the property described, which is compiled from the instruments of record affecting real property in the county offices and not copied or reproduced from any county index; and
b.an index or files in which all other documents, pending suits affecting real property and liens, except ad valorem taxes and special assessments, are posted, entered, or otherwise included, according to the name of the parties whose title to real property or any interest therein or encumbrances thereon is affected, which is compiled from the instruments of record affecting real property in the county offices and not copied from any county index;
3. "Abstract license" is the authorization for a person working for a holder of a certificate of authority to search and remove from county offices county records, summarize or compile copies of such records, and issue the abstract of title;
4. “Act” or “Oklahoma Abstractors Law” means the Oklahoma Abstractors Act;
5. “Board” means the Oklahoma Abstractors Board;
6. "Certificate of authority" is the authorization to engage in the business of abstracting in a county in this state, granted to a person, firm, corporation, or other entity, by the Oklahoma Abstractors Board;
7. “Permit” is the authorization to build an abstract plant in a specific county; and
8. “State Auditor and Inspector”, for the purposes of the Oklahoma Abstractors Act, means the Oklahoma Abstractors Board.
Added by Laws 1984, c. 163, § 2, eff. Nov. 1, 1984. Amended by Laws 2007, c. 359, § 2, eff. Jan. 1, 2008. Renumbered from Title 74, § 227.11 by Laws 2007, c. 359, § 22, eff. Jan. 1, 2008. Amended by Laws 2008, c. 97, § 1, eff. Nov. 1, 2008.