2017 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 70. Schools
§70-1210.196.7. Student management of diabetes at school - Designated private area.
A. In accordance with the diabetes medical management plan of a student, a school shall permit the student to attend to the management and care of the diabetes of the student, which may include:
1. Performing blood glucose level checks;
2. Administering insulin through the insulin delivery system used by the student;
3. Treating hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia;
4. Possessing on the person of the student at any time any supplies or equipment necessary to monitor and care for the diabetes of the student; and
5. Otherwise attending to the management and care of the diabetes of the student in the classroom, in any area of the school or school grounds, or at any school-related activity.
B. Each school shall provide a private area where the student may attend to the management and care of the student’s diabetes.
Added by Laws 2007, c. 164, § 8, eff. July 1, 2007.