2016 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 80. United States
§80-34.3. Duties of Surplus Property Agent.
A. The Surplus Property Agent shall, under the supervision and direction of the Director of the Office of Management and Enterprise Services:
1. Ascertain from the federal government through any of its agencies, any surplus property available for sale, lease, or donation either within or outside this state and shall notify the state departments, boards, commissions, institutions, and agencies, counties, cities, and towns, and school districts of the availability of such property as is deemed necessary according to the types and quantities of property available;
2. Secure from state departments, boards, commissions, institutions, and agencies and from counties, cities, and towns, and school districts, estimates of their needs for surplus property and keep federal agencies informed of such needs;
3. Purchase, or accept as gifts or donations, any surplus property from the federal government, its departments or agencies for redistribution, by sale or donation to any state department, board, commission, institution, or agency and to counties, cities, or towns, and school districts, and provide for the care and handling, transportation, and warehousing of property if necessary;
4. Distribute surplus property to state departments, boards, commissions, institutions, and agencies and to counties, cities, towns, school districts, and other entities authorized by the federal government to receive federal surplus property, provided, the entity reimburses the Surplus Property Agent for the purchase price and expenses incurred in connection with acquiring, warehousing, and distributing the surplus property;
5. With the approval of the Director of the Office of Management and Enterprise Services, employ such employees and assistants as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of Sections 34.1 through 34.6 of this title;
6. Make acquisition of surplus automobiles in a manner consistent with other applicable sections of law in this state; and
7. Perform other duties as are necessary for the purposes of Sections 34.1 through 34.6 of this title.
B. The surplus property agent may participate in programs through which the Government of the United States offers to provide surplus military equipment, including weapons, protective clothing and transportation devices.
Added by Laws 1947, p. 619, § 3, emerg. eff. May 8, 1947. Amended by Laws 1983, c. 304, § 162, eff. July 1, 1983; Laws 1989, c. 300, § 20, emerg. eff. May 25, 1989; Laws 2000, c. 218, § 7, eff. Nov. 1, 2000; Laws 2004, c. 132, § 1, eff. Nov. 1, 2004; Laws 2012, c. 304, § 1059.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.