2016 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 26. Elections
§26-4-109.4. Electronic submission of voter registration application.
A. A person may submit a voter registration application electronically as provided in this section if such person:
1. Has a current and valid Oklahoma driver license or identification card issued by the Department of Public Safety pursuant to the provisions of Section 6-101 et seq. of Title 47 of the Oklahoma Statutes;
2. Is registering to vote at the address shown on the driver license or identification card; and
3. Is a qualified elector and entitled to become a registered voter as provided by law.
B. The Secretary of the State Election Board, subject to available funding, shall establish a secure website to permit persons described in subsection A of this section to submit voter registration applications electronically. The website must permit such persons to submit an application to register to vote or to update an existing registration. The Secretary may employ security measures he or she deems necessary to ensure the accuracy and integrity of voter registration applications submitted electronically and may establish an initial date on which voter registration applications may be submitted electronically after establishment of the website.
C. 1. The applicant must attest to the truth of the information provided on the application by affirmatively accepting the information as true and correct. Any person who submits false information on an electronic voter registration application shall be deemed guilty of a felony as described in Sections 16-103 and 16-103.1 of Title 26 of the Oklahoma Statutes.
2. The applicant must affirmatively consent to the use of his or her driver license or identification card signature for voter registration purposes.
3. A voter registration application properly submitted electronically shall be considered by the State Election Board in the same manner as a registration application submitted by mail.
D. When an applicant submits a voter registration application electronically, the Secretary shall generate an electronic confirmation on the website that the application has been received, with instructions as to how the applicant may check the status of the application thereafter. In addition, the Secretary shall obtain a digital copy of the applicant's driver license or identification card from the Department of Public Safety and shall compare the information submitted on the application to the information shown on the digital copy. If the Secretary finds that the application is in compliance with this section and all applicable laws relating to voter registration, the digital signature of the applicant shall be included on the application and the application shall be processed as provided by law. If the Secretary does not so find, the applicant shall be notified that the application has been rejected and the reasons for such rejection.
E. The Secretary shall promulgate rules as may be necessary to implement the provisions of this section.
Added by Laws 2015, c. 87, § 1, eff. Nov. 1, 2015.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.