2015 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 43A. Mental Health
§43A-9-101. Voluntary treatment - Application - Admission - Discharge.

43A OK Stat § 43A-9-101 (2015) What's This?

A. 1. An alcohol- or drug-dependent person or his or her court appointed guardian may apply for voluntary treatment directly to an approved treatment facility.

2. A minor may apply for voluntary treatment pursuant to the provisions of Section 2602 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes.

3. A parent of a minor may consent to the voluntary admission and treatment of the minor directly to an approved treatment facility for substance abuse treatment.

B. 1. Subject to rules adopted by the Board of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, the administrator in charge of an approved treatment facility may determine who shall be admitted for treatment.

2. When a person is refused admission to an approved treatment facility, the administrator, subject to rules adopted by the Board, shall refer the person to another approved treatment facility for treatment if possible and appropriate.

C. 1. When a consumer receiving inpatient care leaves an approved treatment facility, the consumer shall be encouraged to consent to appropriate outpatient or intermediate treatment.

2. If it appears to the administrator in charge of the approved treatment facility that the consumer is an alcohol- or drug-dependent person who requires help, the facility shall arrange for assistance in obtaining supportive services and residential facilities if possible and appropriate.

D. If the consumer is a minor or an incompetent person, the request for discharge from an inpatient or residential facility shall be made by a parent, spouse, or legal guardian, or by the minor if the minor was voluntarily admitted.

Added by Laws 1978, c. 64, § 9. Amended by Laws 1983, c. 134, § 19, eff. July 1, 1983; Laws 1986, c. 103, § 93, eff. Nov. 1, 1986. Renumbered from Title 63, § 2126 by Laws 1986, c. 103, § 104, eff. Nov. 1, 1986. Amended by Laws 2002, c. 488, § 47, eff. Nov. 1, 2002; Laws 2005, c. 150, § 69, emerg. eff. May 9, 2005; Laws 2005, c. 195, § 28, eff. Nov. 1, 2005; Laws 2007, c. 130, § 16, eff. Nov. 1, 2007.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.