2015 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 43A. Mental Health
§43A-5-308. Order authorizing admission.
The order of the judge of the district court authorizing the admission of an applicant as a voluntary consumer pursuant to the provisions of the Mental Hospital Voluntary Admission Procedures Act shall contain the following findings:
1. A physician licensed in this state personally examined the person requesting inpatient admission for psychiatric care;
2. Such physician certified that the person has a mental condition that requires inpatient admission;
3. The person knowingly and willingly consented to voluntary inpatient admission;
4. The person fully understands the benefits, consequences, conditions, and side effects of inpatient admission and treatment, and agrees to them; and
5. An arrangement for the transportation of the person to the inpatient facility.
Added by Laws 1963, c. 81, § 5, emerg. eff. May 21, 1963. Amended by Laws 1986, c. 103, § 72, eff. Nov. 1, 1986. Renumbered from § 555 of this title by Laws 1986, c. 103, § 103, eff. Nov. 1, 1986. Amended by Laws 2005, c. 150, § 45, emerg. eff. May 9, 2005; Laws 2008, c. 401, § 16, eff. Nov. 1, 2008.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.