2015 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 43A. Mental Health
§43A-3-416. Standards - Treatment services and rules of operation - Guidelines.
In establishing standards for treatment services and rules of operation, the Authority and approved treatment facilities shall be guided by the following standards:
1. If possible a consumer shall be treated on a voluntary rather than an involuntary basis.
2. A consumer shall be initially referred to outpatient treatment or intermediate care unless he is found to require inpatient treatment.
3. A person shall not be denied treatment solely because he has withdrawn from treatment against medical advice on a prior occasion or because he has relapsed after earlier treatment.
4. No person shall be refused treatment because of sex or age unless the approved treatment facility which refuses treatment refers the person to another approved treatment facility with which it has a written referral agreement and which provides services appropriate to the person’s sex or age group.
5. Restrictions on acceptance of persons by an approved treatment facility shall be published by the facility and made available to the public.
6. An individualized treatment plan shall be prepared and maintained on a current basis for each consumer.
7. Family members of the consumer shall be included in the treatment services when possible and appropriate.
8. Community-based treatment shall be encouraged and emphasized to make treatment available to persons in their home communities.
9. Consumers shall be encouraged to agree to such further diagnosis and treatment as will be of benefit to them.
Added by Laws 1978, c. 64, § 8. Renumbered from § 2125 of Title 63 by Laws 1986, c. 103, § 104, eff. Nov. 1, 1986. Amended by Laws 2005, c. 150, § 18, emerg. eff. May 9, 2005.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.