2015 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 17. Corporation Commission
§17-802.3. Oklahoma Energy Initiative Board.
A. The Oklahoma Energy Initiative shall be administered and governed by the Oklahoma Energy Initiative Board, made up of representatives of the contributing institutions of the Initiative which initially shall be the University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, Oklahoma City University, the University of Tulsa, and the Noble Foundation. Additional contributing institutions may be added at the discretion of the Board, as such institutions contribute to the purpose, objectives and research coordinated by the Initiative. Additional contributing institutions may include state, federal, and private agencies, institutions of higher education, nonprofit research institutions, and private entities.
B. The Board shall initially consist of six (6) members as follows:
1. One member, who shall serve as the chair of the Board, shall be the Secretary of Energy and Environment or a member otherwise appointed by the Governor;
2. One member shall be the Vice President of Research from the University of Oklahoma or a member otherwise appointed by the President of the University of Oklahoma;
3. One member shall be the Vice President of Research from Oklahoma State University or a member otherwise appointed by the President of Oklahoma State University;
4. One member shall be the Vice President of Research from the University of Tulsa or a member otherwise appointed by the Governor;
5. One member shall be the Vice President of Research from Oklahoma City University or a member otherwise appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives; and
6. One member who shall represent the Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation appointed by the President Pro Tempore of the Senate.
C. Board members shall serve for a term of four (4) years, which shall begin on January 1 of the first year of the appointment and end on December 31 of the fourth year. There shall be no limit to the number of consecutive terms served. If a vacancy should occur during a member's term, the appointing authority for the vacant position shall appoint a new member to fill the remainder of the unexpired term. Board members shall serve without compensation but may be eligible for necessary travel expenses pursuant to the State Travel Reimbursement Act.
D. The Board shall be responsible for establishing procedures for the Initiative and operations of the Board. The rules may provide for protection from public disclosure of trade secrets and proprietary information of any kind, including, but not limited to, data, processes and technology, as the Board determines necessary.
E. The Board shall undertake activities and commission programs, through the contributing institutions, to achieve the purpose and satisfy the objectives of the Initiative as provided in the Oklahoma Energy Initiative Act. The Board shall have authority to distribute funding for such activities and programs. The Board may employ staff as it deems necessary.
F. The Board shall prepare an annual, written report to summarize the annual progress of the Initiative, including summaries of its programs and their progress and outcomes. The report shall be made available to the public and shall be distributed to the Governor, the President Pro Tempore of the Senate, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives.
G. The provisions of The Oklahoma Central Purchasing Act shall not apply to any project, activity or contract of the Initiative or the Board.
H. No Board member or any person acting on behalf of the Board or Initiative executing any contracts, commitments or agreements issued by or on behalf of the Oklahoma Energy Initiative shall be personally liable for the contracts, commitments, or agreements or be subject to any personal liability or accountability by reason thereof. No director or any person acting on behalf of the Board or Initiative shall be personally liable for damage or injury resulting from the performance of duties hereunder.
Added by Laws 2012, c. 247, § 3, emerg. eff. May 14, 2012. Amended by Laws 2014, c. 232, § 1, emerg. eff. May 6, 2014.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.