2015 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 17. Corporation Commission
As used in the Electric Usage Data Protection Act:
1. “Aggregate usage data” means any usage data from which all identifying information has been removed such that the individual usage data of a customer cannot without extraordinary effort and expertise be associated with the identifying information of that customer;
2. “Commission” means the Corporation Commission;
3. “Customer” means an individual or a business partnership, limited liability company, corporation, or other legal entity receiving service from an electric utility in the name of the individual or the entity. A customer may be residential, commercial or industrial;
4. “Customer-identifiable usage data” means usage data that is stored or presented in a format that associates the usage data with identifying information of a customer or could be manipulated to identify a customer without extraordinary effort;
5. “Customer information” means both identifying information and customer-identifiable electric usage data. Aggregate usage data shall not be considered customer information;
6. “Electric utility” means any person, firm, partnership, corporation, association or cooperative corporation furnishing retail electric service to the public in Oklahoma. Electric utility shall not mean a municipal corporation or beneficial trust of a municipal corporation;
7. “Identifying information” means any information that directly or indirectly identifies or is uniquely associated with a customer or an authorized representative of a customer, including but not limited to the name, social security or taxpayer identification number, street address, telephone number, electric utility account number, meter number, or financial account information of the customer or authorized representative of the customer;
8. “Nonstandard usage data” means any usage data that is not standard usage data or aggregate data;
9. “Standard usage data” means usage data, as defined in paragraph 11 of this section, that is used internally and is generally made available by the electric utility to customers in each of its customer classes on a regular basis, delivered by the electric utility in a standard format and with standard frequency, including without limitation the usage data collected by the meter or obtainable on an as-available basis by the customer;
10. “Self-regulated cooperative” means an Oklahoma rural electric cooperative whose members have elected to exempt the cooperative from certain regulation by the Commission as described in Section 158.27 of Title 17 of the Oklahoma Statutes; and
11. “Usage data” means information, on an as-available basis, relating to both:
a.the amount of electricity consumed at a residence or premises of a customer, and
b.the characteristics of that consumption, as generated, recorded, stored or transmitted by the electric utility infrastructure or supporting technology.
Added by Laws 2011, c. 291, § 3, eff. Nov. 1, 2011.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.