2015 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 17. Corporation Commission
As used in the Electric Restructuring Act of 1997:
1. "Commission" means the Corporation Commission;
2. "Consumer" means a person or entity purchasing or seeking to purchase electric energy for other than resale;
3. "Direct access consumer" means a consumer who chooses to procure retail electric energy supply and related services directly from the competitive market rather than through a retail electric service distributor;
4. "Electric consuming facility" means everything that utilizes electric energy from a central station source;
5. "Electric distribution system" means the physical system of wires, poles, and other equipment designed to deliver electricity to the ultimate consumer for consumption, excluding generation and transmission facilities;
6. "Independent system operator" means an independent entity, not owned or controlled by an entity which owns generation, transmission, or distribution facilities, which coordinates the physical security and stability of the Oklahoma bulk power system;
7. "Public benefit programs" means all social, economic and environmental programs currently funded through rates charged to consumers receiving electric service in the State of Oklahoma;
8. "Retail electric energy supplier" means any entity which sells retail electric energy to consumers;
9. "Retail electric service distributor" means any firm, corporation, company, individual or their trustees, lessees or receivers, or cooperative corporation or agency, engaged in the furnishing of retail electric services in this state, exclusive of municipal corporations, or beneficial trusts thereof and the Grand River Dam Authority. Any municipal corporation or beneficial trust thereof or the Grand River Dam Authority may, through its own nonrevocable election, voluntarily opt to become subject to the provisions of this act to participate in electric restructuring and retail consumer choice by adopting a resolution stating that all service provided via facilities owned by such entities will be rendered on an open access nondiscriminatory basis in a manner consistent with the provisions of such service by retail electric service distributors subject to this act; and
10. "Transmission line" or "transmission system" means the poles, wires and other equipment, including any fiber optic cable which is a part of such poles, wires and other equipment, designed and constructed to transport bulk electricity between generators and electric distribution systems.
Added by Laws 1997, c. 162, § 3, emerg. eff. April 25, 1997. Amended by Laws 1998, c. 391, § 3, emerg. eff. June 10, 1998.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.