2015 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 17. Corporation Commission
§17-190.21. Joint Electric Utility Restructuring Task Force.
A. There is hereby created a Joint Electric Utility Restructuring Task Force which shall be composed of the members of the Oklahoma State Senate Energy and Environment Committee and the Oklahoma House of Representatives Energy and Technology Committee and the Chair of the Corporation Commission, or designee. The task force shall be jointly chaired by the chairs and co-chairs of the Senate and House committees.
B. A majority of the members serving on the task force shall constitute a quorum. The task force shall meet at such times and places as it deems necessary to perform its duties as specified herein. Meetings shall be at the call of the chairs.
C. The task force shall study the following issues:
1. The ability of a municipality to annex and serve customers inside the territory of another electric provider;
2. The condemnation and re-use of electric facilities;
3. The statutory prohibition on consumer switching electric service providers established in Section 190.7 of Title 17 of the Oklahoma Statutes;
4. Court rulings and pending litigation filed as a result of interpretations of the Electric Restructuring Act of 1997, Sections 190.1 et seq. of Title 17 of the Oklahoma Statutes;
5. The effect of regional transmission organizations on the electric generation marketplace;
6. The impact of changes in other states in our region and nationwide relating to retail choice of electric services by consumers;
7. Other issues the task force deems necessary to adequately study electric restructuring in this state.
D. The task force shall solicit the input of all stakeholders involved in the provision and consumption of electric service. To further enhance such participation, the task force may appoint advisory councils made up of representatives of various stakeholders or invite any other persons as needed to advise the task force in any matter they deem appropriate and necessary.
E. Members of the task force shall be reimbursed by their appointing authorities for necessary travel expenses incurred in the performance of their duties in accordance with Section 456 of Title 74 of the Oklahoma Statutes.
F. The Oklahoma State Senate and House of Representatives shall provide such staff support as is required by the task force and any other state agency shall provide support as requested by the task force.
G. The task force may issue any reports it deems necessary and appropriate and may make any legislative recommendations available to the Governor and the Legislature. The Legislature shall review any reports or recommendations developed by the task force. Final authority relating to the implementation of any recommended statutory revisions shall reside with the Legislature.
H. The task force shall remain in effect and operate as herein directed until its termination which shall be no later than December 1, 2009. The task force may elect, by majority vote, to terminate its operations at an earlier date if it deems such action appropriate.
Added by Laws 2007, c. 117, § 2, emerg. eff. May 9, 2007.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.