2015 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 17. Corporation Commission
§17-167. Certificate of record showing as to oil and gas leases - Filing.

17 OK Stat § 17-167 (2015) What's This?

Any person, firm or corporation desiring to ascertain such facts may make application in writing to the Corporation Commission of the State of Oklahoma for a certificate setting forth what the records of the Corporation Commission, returned and compiled under its lawfully issued rules and regulations, disclose with reference to notices to drill, plug and abandon oil and gas well or wells and the production therefrom, if any, on the tract or tracts of land or lands covered by such application. Such application must be accompanied by a fee of Ten Dollars ($10.00) to be paid to the Oil and Gas Conservation Division to be deposited in the Oil and Gas Revolving Fund. It shall be the duty of the Commission to mail to the address given in the application a certificate setting forth the information and date requested in such application, which certificate shall be signed by the chairman or vice-chairman of the Commission and attested to by its secretary. Any such certificates may be filed for record in the county in which the tract or tracts of land is located, and the county clerk shall properly endorse such instruments under the lands affected as certificates of the Corporation Commission.

Added by Laws 1945, p. 41, § 1, emerg. eff. April 25, 1945. Amended by Laws 1951, p. 34, § 1; Laws 1975, c. 202, § 1, operative July 1, 1975; Laws 1982, c. 354, § 3, operative July 1, 1982; Laws 1997, c. 275, § 2, eff. July 1, 1997.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.