2015 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 17. Corporation Commission
For the purposes of this act, the following terms shall have the meanings given them:
1. The term "retail electric supplier" means any person, firm, corporation, association or cooperative corporation, exclusive of municipal corporations or beneficial trusts thereof, engaged in the furnishing of retail electric service.
2. The term "certified territory" shall mean the unincorporated areas as certified by and pursuant to Section 158.24 of this title.
3. The term "existing distribution line" shall mean an electric line which on the effective date of this act
a. is located in an unincorporated area and
b. is being or has been substantially used for retail electric service.
4. The term "retail electric service" means electric service furnished to a consumer for ultimate consumption, but does not include wholesale electric energy furnished by an electric supplier to another electric supplier for resale.
5. The term "unincorporated area" shall mean geographical area outside the corporate limits of cities and towns.
6. The term "electric consuming facilities" means everything that utilizes electric energy from a central station source.
7. The term "Commission" shall mean "Corporation Commission of Oklahoma" or its successor.
8. The term "association or cooperative corporation" shall mean any association or cooperative corporation doing business under the Rural Electric Cooperative Act.
9. The term "hearing" shall mean a hearing by the Commission pursuant to reasonable notice to all affected retail electric suppliers.
10. The term "member consumer" shall mean the customer in whose name service of any association or cooperative corporation doing business under the Rural Electric Cooperative Act is being provided.
Amended by Laws 1988, c. 107, § 1, emerg. eff. April 4, 1988.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.