2015 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 17. Corporation Commission
§17-151.1. Resale of water or sewage service – Maximum charges – Disclosure – Penalties - Enforcement.

17 OK Stat § 17-151.1 (2015) What's This?

A. Except for any person, public utility, or public service corporation subject to the jurisdiction of the Corporation Commission, or a municipal utility, or a public trust which has as its beneficiary the municipality, no owner of any interest in real property in this state who purchases water or sewage services from a municipality and who resells such water or sewage services to any residential lessee of any interest in such real property for the purpose of providing water or sewage services shall charge such lessee any amount in excess of ten percent (10%) of the cost to such reseller for each billing cycle of the water or sewage services purchased by the reseller from the supplier.

B. The reseller shall separately disclose in its water or sewage services bills to the lessee the per unit cost of its purchased water or sewage services and the actual amount of each fee or charge in dollars and cents to be paid by the lessee to the reseller.

C. Any person who willfully violates the provisions of this section, upon conviction thereof by a district court, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor. In addition to the punishment prescribed by this subsection, the reseller is liable in treble damages to the lessee injured, said damages to be recovered in a civil action by the consumer so injured. Treble damages shall be based on the total amount to be paid to the reseller by the lessee for each bill which exceeds the authorized percentage pursuant to this section.

D. The Office of the Attorney General of this state shall have the power and duty to investigate and prosecute any violations of the provisions of this section.

Added by Laws 1999, c. 212, § 6, eff. Nov. 1, 1999.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.