2015 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 17. Corporation Commission
As used in this act:
1. "Person" means a natural person, corporation, trust, partnership, incorporated or unincorporated association, or any other legal entity;
2. "Pay-per-call service" means any passive, interactive, polling, conference or other similar audiotext service that is provided for a charge to a caller through an exclusive telephone number prefix or service access code;
3. "Information provider" means the person who provides the information, prerecorded message, or interactive program for the information delivery service. The information provider generally receives a portion of the revenue from the calls. This service does not include the medium for advertising information delivery service;
4. "Interactive program" means a pay-per-call program that allows callers to choose between options or to communicate with other callers;
5. "Sponsor" means an individual, corporation, association, partnership or other entity that sells a pay-per-call service and on whose behalf charges are billed, but shall not include a public utility regulated by the state or the Federal Communications Commission or an interexchange carrier which provides transport or billing and collection services for a pay-per-call service unless the public utility or interexchange carrier actually produces or promotes the pay-per-call service;
6. "Subscriber" means a customer of a local or long distance telephone service from which a pay-per-call service is accessed;
7. "Interexchange carrier" means an interexchange telecommunications company providing service within the state;
8. "Local exchange company" means a local exchange telephone company providing service within the state; and
9. "Adult entertainment" means any pay-per-call service that contains explicit references to conduct of a sexual nature in a manner designed to arouse an immoderate or unwholesome interest or desire.
Added by Laws 1992, c. 180, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1992.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.