2015 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 12. Civil Procedure
§12-81. Payments into court for infant or incompetent person - Disposition.

12 OK Stat § 12-81 (2015) What's This?

Where any amount of money not exceeding Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) shall be deposited and paid into any court of record of this state by virtue of any judgment, order, settlement, distribution or decree for the use and benefit of, and to the credit of, any minor or incompetent person having no legal guardian of his estate within this state, and no person shall within ninety (90) days thereafter become the legal and qualified guardian of the estate of such minor or incompetent person, if it appears to the court that such money is needed for the support of such minor or incompetent person or that it is otherwise for the best interest of such minor or incompetent person, the court may, in its discretion, order payment of such funds to be made to any proper and suitable person as trustee for such minor or incompetent person, with bond, as the court may direct, to be expended for the support, use, and benefit of such minor or incompetent person. Such order may be made by the court in the original cause in which the funds are credited upon the application of any interested person; and the court may direct the clerk of the court to make payment of the same to be made in installments or in one lump sum as may seem for the best interests of such minor or incompetent person.

Added by Laws 1931, p. 2, § 1. Amended by Laws 1951, p. 24, § 1.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.