2015 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 12. Civil Procedure
As used in this act:
1. "Action" means a judicial proceeding or arbitration in which a payment in money may be awarded or enforced with respect to a foreign-money claim;
2. "Bank-offered spot rate" means the spot rate of exchange at which a bank will sell foreign money at a spot rate;
3. "Conversion date" means the banking day next preceding the date on which money, in accordance with this act, is:
a.paid to a claimant in an action or distribution proceeding,
b.paid to the official designated by law to enforce a judgment or award on behalf of a claimant, or
c.used to recoup, set-off or counterclaim in different moneys in an action or distribution proceeding;
4. "Distribution proceeding" means a judicial or nonjudicial proceeding for the distribution of a fund in which one or more foreign-money claims is asserted and includes, but is not limited to, an accounting, an assignment for the benefit of creditors, a foreclosure, the liquidation or rehabilitation of a corporation or other entity, and the distribution of an estate, trust or other fund;
5. "Foreign money" means money other than money of the United States of America;
6. "Foreign-money claim" means a claim upon an obligation to pay, or a claim for recovery of a loss, expressed in or measured by a foreign money;
7. "Money" means a medium of exchange for the payment of obligations or a store of value authorized or adopted by a government or by intergovernmental agreement;
8. "Money of the claim" means the money determined as proper pursuant to Section 5 of this act;
9. "Person" means an individual, a corporation, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, joint venture, partnership, association, limited liability company, two or more persons having a joint or common interest or any other legal or commercial entity;
10. "Rate of exchange" means the rate at which money of one country may be converted into money of another country in a free financial market convenient to or reasonably usable by a person obligated to pay or to state a rate of conversion. If separate rates of exchange apply to different kinds of transactions, the term means the rate applicable to the particular transaction giving rise to the foreign-money claim;
11. "Spot rate" means the rate of exchange at which foreign money is sold by a bank or other dealer in foreign exchange for immediate or next day availability or for settlement by immediate payment in cash or equivalent, by charge to an account or by an agreed delayed settlement not exceeding two days; and
12. "State" means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or a territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
Added by Laws 1994, c. 165, § 2, eff. Jan. 1, 1995.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.