2015 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 12. Civil Procedure
§12-66. State as a party – Bond not required – Automatic stay - Payment of costs.

12 OK Stat § 12-66 (2015) What's This?

A. Whenever an action is filed in any of the courts of this state where the State of Oklahoma or any of its departments or agencies, as defined in Section 152 of Title 51 of the Oklahoma Statutes, is a party, no bonds or other obligation of security shall be required from the state or from any party acting under the direction of the state, either to prosecute, answer, or appeal the action. The execution of a judgment or final order of any judicial tribunal against the state or any of its departments or agencies is automatically stayed without the execution of a supersedeas bond until any appeal of such judgment or final order has finally been determined.

In case of an adverse decision, such costs as by law are taxable against the state, or against the party acting by its direction, shall be paid out of the funds of the department under whose direction the proceedings were instituted or defended.

B. Costs shall be paid to the court fund of the district court in which an action is filed from the first funds collected in satisfaction of any judgment obtained by this state or any party acting under the direction of this state, except when the funds are collected pursuant to a child support order, judgment, or pursuant to any civil forfeiture action. No action filed by this state or by any party acting under the direction of this state shall be dismissed with unpaid costs of the action without the prior notification of the district court clerk of the county in which the action was filed.

Added by Laws 1923, c. 203, p. 354, § 1, emerg. eff. March 31, 1923. Amended by Laws 1992, c. 357, § 1, eff. July 1, 1992; Laws 1999, c. 359, § 2, eff. Nov. 1, 1999; Laws 2002, c. 468, § 1, eff. Nov. 1, 2002; Laws 2007, c. 248, § 1, emerg. eff. June 4, 2007.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.