2015 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 12. Civil Procedure
§12-52. Appointment of substitute for sheriff.

12 OK Stat § 12-52 (2015) What's This?

The court or judge, or any clerk in the absence of the judge from the county, for good cause, may appoint a person to serve a particular process or order, who shall have the same power to execute it which the sheriff has. The person may be appointed on the application of the party obtaining the process or order, and the return must be verified by affidavit. He shall be entitled to the same fees allowed to the sheriff for similar services.

R.L. 1910, § 5320.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Oklahoma may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.